Back acne can be very frustrating, not to mention embarrassing. It can form on your shoulders and upper back, on your neck, and on your bottom. For some, this is even more frustrating if they have acne on any of these areas mentioned AND on their face. For others, it’s frustrating because it can be quite painful. So what are some steps to get rid of and prevent back acne? Read further and see:
1. If you work out, make sure you shower shortly thereafter. If you can’t shower right away, then at least change out of your workout clothes so you don’t have the sweat and bacteria collect on your back and other breakout areas.
2. Use a gentle body cleanser with a loofah in the shower daily to remove dead skin cells and keep the area clean. Don’t use a body wash that is heavy in chemicals and ingredients. The more natural, the better for your skin.
3. Keep your hair pulled back when you sleep and workout if your hair is long. If your hair tends to get greasy during the day, wear it up so the oils do not seep into your skin, causing the pores to get clogged and collect acne-causing bacteria.
4. Visit the dermatologist and see about getting topical cream for the breakouts. As long as you are not allergic, your doctor may even prescribe you clindamycin lotion which kills acne-causing bacteria but is still very gentle on your skin.
5. Back acne tends to flare up when you are active in sports, in the summer time when most people sweat more often, and when you are stressed out. Try to stay calm and not let stress takeover your life! This too shall pass.
Don’t stress too much if you are struggling with back acne. Many people suffer from back acne at some point or another and sometimes it can be recurring. Just follow our tips and we’re sure your breakouts will clear up soon.