Acne can not only affect your physical appearance but can also affect you emotionally as well. Your skin is the first thing people see so it’s hard not to be self-conscious about your acne-prone skin. It can be even more frustrating if you feel like you have tried everything and nothing seems to be working. But do not give up. There is something that works for everyone though what works for one may not work for another. You will eventually find something that works for you – and coconut oil may be the solution. You may be thinking, isn’t oil going to make me break out further? There are good oils and bad oils and coconut oil is considered good oil. It has been found to not only be able to treat acne but prevent it from ever coming back.
Where Coconut Oil Derives From
Coconut oil comes from coconuts and is made in one of two ways:
1. Made “industrially” and the oil comes from the copra which is known as the low grade part of the flesh. It is treated with pesticides and chemicals to keep the shelf life longer. This is not recommended to be used by anyone for any purpose. It may be cheaper and last longer, but the pesticides and chemicals make it unhealthy for use.
2. “Cold-Pressed Virgin Certified Organic” coconut oil is the ideal coconut oil to use for cooking, baking, or for topical use on your skin. It is made from fresh ripe coconuts, dried, pressed, allowed to settle then purely filtered. It is all-natural with no added chemicals or pesticides within. This is the coconut oil to use for cooking and on your skin. Only organic and naturally pressed.
Benefits for Treating Acne
1. Unrefined virgin coconut oil is non-comedogenic and will not clog your pores or cause or worsen acne breakouts on your skin.
2. It is rich in lauric acid which is known to fight acne deep at the core of the problem. Lauric acid is anti-fungal, anti-bacterial, and anti-viral so it is incredibly potent against even the worst acne-cystic acne. Anyone who suffers from cystic acne knows how big pimples can get and even worse, how PAINFUL they are. Something as simple as coconut oil can help banish your acne forever.
3. Coconut oil will soothe inflamed skin caused by acne.
4. Rich in Vitamin E to help promote repair on damaged skin from open wounds, sun damage, or acne. Vitamin E will help minimize scarring and heal damaged skin more quickly.
5. Coconut oil is added to many skincare products due to its ability to heal skin issues.
Ways to Use Coconut Oil
Coconut oil can be used in baking or cooking or you can mix a small amount straight into your fresh juice or smoothie. Good skin and good health starts on the inside and exudes out so adding this beautiful oil to your diet will jumpstart your transition.
Coconut oil can be used as a face mask once or twice a week. Make sure your face is freshly cleansed with a gentle cleanser then apply a small amount of coconut oil to your face. Since coconut oil is more of a solid consistency at room temperature, massage it into your skin for a few minutes and the heat from your fingertips and face will melt it rather quickly. Leave the mask on for 20 minutes. This mask will remove deeply embedded impurities and bacteria in your pores. After the time is up, rinse off with warm water and a tiny amount of a gentle cleanser to remove any residue left behind. Gently pat dry and follow with an oil-free moisturizer.
You will see very quickly why natural, organic, unrefined coconut oil is recommended by many in fighting and treating acne once and for all. Once you see the positive effects it is having on your skin, share with others so they too can experience one of nature’s most beautiful gifts.