The word natural is truly one of the best words ever created. The word natural means pure, free of manmade chemicals and preservatives, left in its natural state. Yet so many things are unnatural in this world. Sometimes unnatural is not a bad thing but sometimes it is a bad thing. When it comes to our health, it’s important to eat food that is natural and drink liquids that are free of added sugars, dyes, and chemical. Unfortunately, much of the food and drink we ingest is bad for us which is why it’s so important to make a change. We also need to change the way we take care of our skin. Many people who suffer from acne usually resort to medicinal purposes for treating their acne. Topical creams and gels and oral pills are prescribed like crazy by dermatologists. Though medicine can work to treat acne effectively, natural remedies should be tried first because they are proven to work so well to treat skin issues like acne – the natural and healthy way.
Don’t Neglect Your Skin
Before trying any natural remedies to get rid of acne, it’s important to follow the necessary steps to having clean, hydrated skin. You MUST cleanse your skin morning and night with a gentle cleanser, regardless of how tired you may be. It’s important to remove acne-causing bacteria and excess oil from your skin so they don’t clog your pores and cause pimples. It’s also important to use a toner to balance the pH levels of your skin and minimize oil from seeping to the surface of your skin. Lastly, you must moisturize with an oil-free moisturizer morning and night. Doing so will not make you more greasy or cause you to breakout more. In fact, it will minimize oils from surfacing since the toner and moisturizer will balance your moisture levels.
Natural Remedies to Try
1. Organic Raw Apple Cider Vinegar – It’s a wonderful natural toner for the skin. Combine equal parts water and apple cider vinegar and dip a cotton ball into the mixture. Gently sweep the cotton ball dampened with the vinegar to your face and neck. Apple cider vinegar has been proven to effectively kill acne while leaving your skin feeling fresh. It will also even out your skin tone and repair damaged skin from the sun and acne. Note, it needs to be in its raw and organic form.
2. Lemon and Sugar Exfoliator – Cut half an organic lemon and coat flat flesh part of the fruit with white cane sugar. Gently massage the lemon with sugar all over your freshly cleaned, slightly damp face to gently remove dead skin, excess oil, and acne-causing bacteria. Continue this routine for 2 minutes, then rinse off with warm water and gently pat dry. Apply an oil-free moisturizer to your face and neck for moisture. Lemon is a natural astringent and will balance the pH levels of your skin while evening out your skin tone and color. The sugar works to gently remove the dead skin off your face.
3. Eating Organic Foods – Many people do not go organic because they don’t believe there is any true value to going organic. Not true. Organic foods, particularly fruits, vegetables, and lean meats, are by far superior to chemically handled. Harsh chemicals, hormone fillers, and preservatives added to food have been proven to cause cancer among other ailments. Our bodies are built to process natural foods the natural way. Eating processed foods react poorly with our bodies over time and can also show negatively through your skin. Organic is much cheaper than when it first came out so it should not be difficult on your wallet to make the switch. Your body and skin will thank you!
4. Organic Raw Papaya – Papaya is in season now and easy accessible in most places. Papaya is proven to remove dead skin cells, removing impurities like excess oil and acne-causing bacteria to be gently pulled from the pores. An enzyme, Papain, reduces inflammation and leaves the skin feeling soft and smooth. Mash up the flesh of a papaya and use as a face mask on your skin. Leave it on for 15 minutes, then rinse off with warm water, gently pat dry, and apply an oil-free moisturizer to retain moisture.
5. Organic Fresh Lime Juice – Applying lime juice on your skin works to even out your skin tone and leave your skin feeling rejuvenated and refreshed. It will work to fight acne and act as a natural astringent to balance out the pH levels of your skim. Ahhh…
Take the time to try these natural home remedies and your skin will look beautiful and clear in no time. There are so many wonderful gifts that come from the earth and can truly heal our bodies from the inside out. Go natural and you won’t be disappointed.