Since we were little kids we have heard about how good Vitamin C is for us and that we need it in our diets but most people are not sure what Vitamin C even does for their bodies! Vitamin C is vital to keeping our bodies healthy from the inside out. It is even more wonderful for our skin and can easily repair skin ailments we suffer with at some point or another. Read ahead to learn the beauty of Vitamin C…
1. Vitamin C repairs damaged skin. Skin injured by the sun, acne, and other skin issues can leave you incredibly self-conscious and desperate to find something that can make your skin look better. Vitamin C can help! Our bodies use Vitamin C to replace damaged skin tissue with scar tissue. Wounds and sores heal faster and more effectively when the proper amount of Vitamin C is flowing through the body!
2. If you are noticing that your cuts, sores from acne, or wounds anywhere on your body are taking too long to heal, you may have a Vitamin C deficiency and need to increase it in your diet!
3. We naturally have Vitamin E in our bodies and Vitamin E is crucial for repairing skin damaged by UV light. Vitamin C helps to regenerate oxidized Vitamin E so that Vitamin E can repair our skin. You can fight wrinkles with this winning Vitamin combination and improve your overall texture of your skin.
4. Vitamin C assists in the production of collagen and will make your skin more tight and firm. Collagen production is vital for repairing collagen in bones, tendons, and ligaments as well.
5. Collagen production will aid in securing a strong foundation for blood vessels which assist in carrying oxygen and vital nutrients to keep your skin looking healthy and beautiful.
Now that you know more about Vitamin C, it is important to add this nutrient to your diet if you are not already doing so. Your body and skin will thank you! And