Most people do not realize the importance of having healthy skin. Many think the most important thing is what it looks like but it’s not the reason we have skin! Our skin is our body’s first filtration system when we come into contact with harmful elements, and without this filter being in the best possible shape, we could end up getting very sick. Check out these reasons to help keep your skin healthy:
1. Our skin is the first line of defense that our entire body has against incoming threats, so it needs to be kept in tip-top shape in order to keep us as healthy as possible.
2. Our skin takes toxins out of our body and filters through the toxins that make it into our body, so if we neglect that filter, we allow all of those toxins to enter our body and do whatever damage they are want to do.
3. Healthy skin is what is able to regulate our temperature, so without healthy skin, we may constantly be too cold or too warm, without a way to fix the problem.
4. When our skin is healthy, it is more resilient and able to heal much faster. If we allow our skin to become unhealthy, it can take quite a long time to heal and it could cause other internal issues during the time it would normally take for a minor skin irritation to heal.
5. Healthy skin can fight off diseases better than unhealthy skin and this is a very important role that skin has. If you want your body to be able to fight off everything it comes in contact with, then you want to make sure you keep your skin as healthy as possible.
Our skin is not always looked at with the respect it deserves because people tend to take its use for granted. Our skin performs a number of very important services to our body and without our skin, we would die. Keeping our skin healthy is not something we can afford to take for granted anymore, so make sure to do everything possible to keep your skin in the best shape of its life!