Pure olive oil is one of nature’s most amazing gifts to us. It is good for our overall health, delicious in a variety of foods, and is even better for our skin. It has to be pure extra virgin olive oil (EVOO) and has a number of benefits when it comes to the appearance and condition of our skin.
1. Many skincare products on the market today include EVOO. So it should be no surprise to you that it actually is good for your skin. Why spend unlimited amounts of money buying skincare products with EVOO when you more than likely have a bottle of it in your kitchen cabinet?!
2. EVOO is 100% natural and is amazing when used as a moisturizer for your face and neck. Apply a dime-size amount on your hand and massage it onto your freshly cleanse face and neck with your fingertips.
3. It may seem “oily” feeling or like it’s clogging your pores but it’s not! EVOO will not clog your pores and it’s a “good” oil that is being added to your skin…no breakouts will occur as long as you’re not allergic!
4. EVOO is loaded with amazing antioxidants like Vitamin A and E that repair and refresh your skin that has been damaged by all the pollutants in the air, overexposure to sun, cigarette smoke (first and/or second-hand), and from junk food.
5. Use only at nighttime to start since your skin may feel a little “greasy” at first from your skin trying to learn how to absorb the EVOO. After a while, your skin will soak up the goodness much more quickly.
6. Mix some olive oil with a bit of sea salt and gently exfoliate your skin with this wonderful combo. Rinse off with warm water and your skin will be left feeling fresh, renewed, hydrated, and clean.
7. Use EVOO as an eye makeup remover. Dip a Q-tip into it and your makeup will come off so easily.
As you can see, EVOO is amazing for your skin. Don’t feel uncomfortable using it to nourish your skin…remember that many skincare products contain EVOO and with good reason. It’s just sooo good for you! Beautiful, hydrated skin is just around the corner! Go get it!