Blackheads are incredibly annoying. Though they don’t hurt or cause pain, they are easily visible to the naked eye. Even worse, if you have a blackhead breakout, it can cover your entire nose area with blackheads which looks incredibly unattractive. So what can you do about this? Here are some tips on how to treat blackheads on your nose effectively:
1. Make sure you cleanse your face morning and night, every day. If you don’t, your pores will clog up with more oil and bacteria causing blackheads to increase in number.
2. Blackheads are not clogged with dirt. They are oil and bacteria that fill your pores over time causing them to darken. Cleansing more than twice a day will not “wash” them away any faster. If anything, you will irritate your skin further and strip your skin of essential oils it needs to be hydrated.
3. Exfoliate your skin at least 3 times a week to remove dead skin cells that clog pores with oil and bacteria. Exfoliating will allow fresh skin to surface, removing blackheads.
4. Use a gentle exfoliating cleanser daily (instead of a special exfoliator 3 times a week) that has salicylic acid in it. Neutrogena makes some amazing exfoliating cleansers that contain salicylic acid and are still gentle on the skin. Salicylic acid is proven to fight blackheads.
5. Use a topical gel that contains salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide after cleansing and moisturizing.
6. It is vital to moisturize your skin with an oil-free moisturizer twice a day after cleansing. It will keep your skin hydrated properly without making you breakout.
7. Try a blackhead removal strip on your nose once a week after cleansing and before moisturizing to help pull impurities from your pores.
Don’t become discouraged if your blackheads don’t disappear overnight. It can take a little bit of time for the breakout to clear up but it will eventually. Follow our tips above and you are well on your way to having clean and clear skin!