If you have done any research on poor complexion, looking tired, or why acne may occur, stress has probably appeared on a few links as a main culprit. Stress can do a number of things to our bodies like causing headaches, sleepless nights, not eating enough, overeating, causing illness, and wearing down our beloved and precious skin. Well no more! We are here to offer you an array of solutions to combat stress and it showing on your skin. Ready? Let’s go.
1. Relax – Make time every day for at least an hour to take time for you. This means doing something relaxing like reading a good book, taking a bubble bath, going for a quiet walk, taking a nap, meditating, etc. If you allow your body to unwind every day, then your stress will lessen, allowing your skin to look better quickly.
2. Follow a Routine – Utilize a skincare routine every day and night – no excuses. If you take time to care for your skin every day, then it will automatically look so much better. Cleanse, tone (if oily), and moisturize daily. Exfoliate 3 times a week to remove cellular buildup and use a face mask once or twice a week. It’s the little things…
3. Sleep – Sleep is vital for your body to function properly, internally and externally. Lack of sleep can cause you to stress more adding to a poor complexion. Your skin restores itself while you sleep so it’s important to allow 8 hours for this to happen and to give your brain and body some rest.
4. Use the Right Products – It’s important to use skincare products that are made for your type of skin. For example, if you have oily skin, look for organic and natural skincare products made for oily skin. Using the right products will help your specific skin type looks its best. Otherwise the wrong products could worsen your type of skin.
5. Eat Healthy Foods – Following a healthy diet that includes a variety of organic fruits and vegetables, grains, lean proteins, and nuts will do wonders for your skin. You are what you eat so choose to be something healthy than a greasy piece of pizza or French fries. What you eat will exude through your skin.
6. Water – Water is amazing. It is needed for our bodies to live, keeps our skin moist and hydrated, and keeps our internal bodies at a regulated temperature and keeps our bodies hydrated as well. It helps remove toxins more quickly through waste and through sweating, so drink at least 8 glasses of water a day, if not more.
7. Sunscreen – Sunscreen is necessary to wear every day whether it’s winter or summer. The sun can damage your skin with premature aging, acne, sun spots, and skin cancer so applying lotion with SPF protection should be as routine as brushing your teeth every day.
Follow these rules and your skin will look better in a very short amount of time. Find ways to relax and enjoy life because it goes by too quickly to not enjoy it. Who wants to be stressed all the time? Not us! And not you either. A happy life equals happy skin.