There are a few things that you do and use every day that could be contributing to your acne. Simple things that if you were made aware of, could make changes in the right direction and eliminate many breakouts. What are they? Read along and see:
1. Certain hair care products can be causing you unneeded breakouts. Try to use a shampoo and conditioner that is more natural if possible because many ingredients in heavy hair care products can cause you to breakout. Make sure to cleanse and condition your hair before you wash your face since many ingredients in these 2 hair care products can heavily clog your pores. Certain styling creams can cause you to breakout around your hairline and if the strands of your hair touch your face. Make sure to wash your hair clean before you go to bed so this doesn’t happen.
2. Cell phones carry so much dirt and bacteria! We use our phones more than anything else it seems. Our cell phones touch our faces, spreading the germs onto our lovely skin and causing severe breakouts. We also spread this grime when our fingers touch our faces after touching our phones. Be proactive and regularly sanitize your phone with a cotton ball and rubbing alcohol or using a slightly damp sanitizing wipe (making sure not to have liquid get into the internal system or battery of your phone).
3. Don’t over-cleanse or under-cleanse your face. Twice a day is recommended, morning and night. Any less you will breakout more-anymore and you will dry out and irritate your skin.
4. Use an oil-free moisturizer morning and night after cleansing your face. You will have less breakouts if you hydrate your skin and keep the pH levels balanced. Just make sure it’s oil-free!
5. Add Omega-3 Fatty Acids to your diet. They are good fats and do wonders for your skin. Studies have found that Omega-3 helps control the production of leukotriene B4, which can normally cause an increase of sebum and inflamed acne. You can add Omega-3 to your diet via a daily supplement, buying it bottled and pouring some in the food you are cooking or into a daily smoothie, or from foods rich in Omega-3 like salmon, walnuts, avocados, and flaxseed oil.
Now that you know some easy ways to make your life better and reduce your chances of having more breakouts! Awesome results that you can share with others too! Happy skin, happy you.