Taking care of your skin is not hard. Many complain that they are too tired to wash their face before bed, that following a skin care routine takes up too much time, that they don’t break out so who cares if their skin isn’t cleansed and hydrated regularly, etc… The list of excuses can go on forever. The fact of the matter is that you NEED to take good care of your skin. You may think it doesn’t matter but one day it will matter. If you are blessed with not having bad skin now and don’t really ever break out, congratulations to you. For those that do suffer from bad skin, that is unfortunate. Regardless of what your skin is like though, if you don’t treat it right, you will see the affects down the road. You will start showing signs of aging more quickly, your skin getting wrinkles and fine lines more rapidly at a young age and you can and more than likely will break out later on in your life. Here are some ways you can take good care of your skin…simply:
1. Cleanse your face every morning and night with a gentle exfoliating cleanser. Don’t skip one of these times. Just do it. You must remove germs and bacteria from your skin and both times of the day are necessary to do so.
2. Follow with an oil-free moisturizer. It’s a myth that you will break out more if you use a moisturizer. Keep it oil-free and you will be fine. If you don’t moisturize, you will actually break out more since your skin will pull bad oils to the surface trying to hydrate your dry skin, making you break out more.
3. Use an eye cream morning and night. It doesn’t have to be crazy expensive. Just something that will do the job effectively. Your skin around your eyes is very delicate and needs to be hydrated more intensely. You will also lessen your chances of getting more fine lines and wrinkles around your eyes. You’ll thank us for this tip a few years down the road.
4. Don’t touch your face or pick or pop your pimples. You increase your chances for breakouts to spread, infection, and scarring if you don’t listen to this advice. Enough said.
5. Don’t have your cell phone touch your face when talking on it. The germs on your phone can and will easily spread to your face. Clean your cell phone daily with a disinfecting wet wipe.
6. Use a benzoyl peroxide topical cream for spot treatment at night. Doing so will kill pimples while you sleep.
7. Drink lots of water during the day and eat loads of fruits and veggies. Your body will thank you and you will feel awesome from the inside out.
8. Sleep…at least 8 hours a night. Shut off the computer, turn off your phone, and go to bed!
9. Be happy.
Follow these simple ways of taking care of your skin and you will be like #9…happy! Don’t take your skin for granted. It’s the only skin you have so you must nurture and protect it!