Hey, teenagers out there! Are you breaking out? Are your friends? If so, you are not alone. Teen acne is unfortunately a part of “growing up” and is something you have to deal with. Sometimes, other teens or bullies can be really mean to you as a result of your acne, even though your acne does not make you, you! Remember that you are an awesome person and this acne is temporary. YOU WILL BE OK. And so will your skin. Check out these tips to minimize your acne:
1. Cleanse your face and neck morning and night with a gentle cleanser. If you try a cleanser and break out more from it, don’t give up! Try another one. There are HUNDREDS of cleansers out there so there is definitely one that will work for you.
2. Gently exfoliate your skin at least 3 times a week with a GENTLE exfoliator. What’s an exfoliator? It can consist of a cleanser and tiny micro-beads in one. Basically the tiny beads gently remove a couple layers of dry, dead skin that can cause your skin to appear dry and oily at the same time and can also make you break out more. The exfoliator will minimize dryness and oily-ness, and will minimize your break outs.
3. Almost every teenager thinks they’re going to break out more if they use a face moisturizer. YOU WILL NOT BREAK OUT MORE OR BE MORE OILY IF YOU USE AN OIL-FREE MOISTURIZER. Your skin needs hydration and using an oil-free moisturizer will actually help you break out less. TRUST US.
4. Don’t pick or pop your pimples. Doing so will spread infection and cause more acne break outs. Not to mention scarring. Scarring will form after popped pimples heal and can last a year…sometimes a lifetime!
5. Use an over-the-counter topical cream with benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid to kill bacteria-causing acne. Proactiv offers a three-step skincare system that includes a benzoyl peroxide topical cream as the third step of the system.
6. If you wear cosmetics, opt for oil-free makeup. Less chance of break outs.
7. Clean your makeup brushes every two weeks with antibacterial cleanser to eliminate bacteria from the bristles.
8. Get plenty of rest, at least 8 hours a night, and drink plenty of water daily. Eat a healthy diet too.
Following our advice will make your teen acne disappear faster than you can imagine! If your acne becomes more severe, you may want to visit a dermatologist that can prescribe you stronger medicine to clear your acne. Check out our homemade facials tab and try a new facial every week. Your skin will become clearer and your skin will glow! And again remember, you are amazing!